Causes of General Dental Disease
Experts concluded that the main causes of general dental disease are the following:
- A lack of minerals in the diet. This results from food processing that removes minerals from food and soil depletion which causes fruits and vegetables to lack mineral content.
- Low levels of some fat soluble vitamins including A, D, E, and K
- The inability of the body to absorb such nutrients through digestion.
Many people with these deficiencies suffer from cavities and other dental problems even though they brush and floss every day. Brushing and flossing are certainly vital to good dental health but they can be far more effective if mineral and vitamin deficiencies are corrected.
How Wheatgrass Can Help
Interestingly enough, regular consumption of wheatgrass could be one of the best ways to prevent dental problems. Wheatgrass is good for your teeth for the same reasons it is good for the rest of your body. The reasons why wheatgrass is good for dental health include the following:
- Wheatgrass is a highly concentrated source of vitamins A and E. Doctors found that vitamin E and A deficiencies contribute to cavities.
- Wheatgrass is a highly concentrated source of some minerals including iron, calcium, and magnesium.
- The enzymes in wheatgrass make it easy to digest unlike Vitamin and mineral supplements. Those who take wheatgrass will absorb more minerals and vitamins because of improved digestions.
- Wheatgrass is a natural antibiotic that kills many of the germs and other pathogens that cause tooth decay, periodontal disease, gum disease, cold sores, yeast infections, canker sores, and bad breath.
- Wheatgrass increases red blood cell production which can speed up the healing process and recovery from dental problems.
How to Use Wheatgrass to Improve Dental Health
The best way to use wheatgrass to improve your dental health is to simply rinse your mouth out with fresh wheatgrass juice once or twice a day. Use wheatgrass juice just like youd use a mouthwash.
Heres how to use wheatgrass to treat or prevent dental problems:
- Mix around one ounce of fresh or flash frozen wheatgrass with around six ounces of water. Then swish it in your mouth right away.
- If possible, mix fresh wheatgrass juice whenever you plan to rinse your mouth. Fresh juice is more potent.
- Make sure you use fresh or flash frozen wheatgrass juice. Powders simply are not potent enough and wheatgrass that is more than a few hours old can lose its potency. Dont try freezing your own wheatgrass at home because your freezer wont get cold enough to flash freeze the grass. Flash freezing instantly preserves the vitamins and minerals. Normal freezing destroys them.
- Rinse once a day if you have no dental problems and twice or three times a day if you have more problems.
- Make sure you brush and floss every day.
- If youre in normal health, drink a shot of wheatgrass juice every day. A shot is one ounce mixed with water. If you have cavities or other dental problems, drink two shots a day.
- See your dentist right away if you think you have a cavity. I would advise you to see a holistic dentist.
- Make sure you get a dental checkup at least once a year.
- Use natural products such as PerioClear and PerioPaste. These dont contain the toxic ingredients found in commercial toothpaste and mouthwash.
Something to remember is that dental problems are often symptoms of other serious problems. Infections that cause bad breath and mouth sores can spread throughout the body and do serious harm. Vitamin and mineral deficiencies affect the whole body and your health.
You should treat dental problems as a wakeup call. Dental diseases are often symptoms of overall health problems and in many cases a warning that more serious health problems are coming in the near future.